Transnet SA owns and also manages a modern fleet of tank containers suitable for the transportation of chemicals, lubricants, lubricants’ additives, fuels’ additives and food grade products. They have undergone all the tests required by the industry (drop tests, pressure tests etc) and are of the highest standards. They are registered at the Bureau International des Containers and go under the prefix TRNU. In addition, Transnet Ltd offers its customers an agent network of tank container operators, equipment fully certified as well as a variety of options regarding the transport of bulk products.
Tank containers have gained a big part of the international liquid products’ transportation against drums due to the fact that they provide significant advantages in safety, cost and efficiency during the loading-unloading procedure and moving process.
Below are some of the most significant benefits:
- Tank containers reduce pollution and cost by not being disposed after discharge, unlike drums
- Tank containers are saving over drums an amount of 40%
- They are constructed under the highest and strictest standards and are much more reliable than drums
- Tank containers are being tested every 2,5 years in order to be always fit for loading
- Since they are made of stainless steel they can withstand corrosion and extreme situations